We all know how expensive moving can be. Between the cost of hiring a professional mover, renting a storage unit, and buying boxes and packing materials, it's no wonder that many people dread the thought of moving. But there is one bright spot in all of this: the gifts you receive from your friends and family!
If you're moving soon, here are 10 cheap and affordable gifts that will make your move a little easier (and a lot more fun)
- A moving truck or van rental: This is an essential for any move, and it's bound to be appreciated by whoever is doing the moving. Local Moving companies like this one can help you.
- Boxes and packing materials: Another essential for any move, boxes and packing materials can be expensive. Getting them as gifts will help lighten the load (literally!).
- A moving day party kit: This is a great way to make moving day a little more enjoyable. Include things like snacks, drinks, and games to keep everyone entertained while they help you move.
- A moving day cleanup kit: After a long day of moving, the last thing you'll want to do is clean up. Help your friends out by getting them a moving day cleanup kit, complete with all the supplies they'll need to get your new place sparkling clean.
- A gift card to a local restaurant: moving can be exhausting, so a gift card to a local restaurant will be much appreciated. This way, your friends or family can take a break from unpacking and enjoy a nice meal.
- A moving day survival kit: This is a must-have for any move. Include things like ibuprofen, band-aids, antacid, and any other essential items that will help get you through the moving process.
- A subscription to a moving day magazine: This is a great way to stay entertained (and informed!) during your move. Choose a moving day magazine that covers all the basics, from packing tips to moving day humor.
- A moving day planner: This will come in handy for anyone who is organizing their move. Include a moving day checklist, contact list, and calendar to help them stay on top of everything.
- A moving day care package: If you have young children, chances are they'll get bored (and cranky) during the move. Help out by putting together a moving day care package, complete with age-appropriate activities and snacks.
- 1 A moving day thank you card: Be sure to thank your friends and family for all their help with a moving day thank you card. This is a great way to show your appreciation and let them know how much their help meant to you.
There you have it! 10 cheap and affordable gifts that will make your move a little easier. Be sure to thank your friends and family for their help with a moving day thank you card. And don't forget to include a moving day magazine in your moving day survival kit!